Saturday, December 19, 2009

Alleia


While on my wonderful two week vacation over Thanksgiving, my parents treated me, Ankur, and Suraj to a night out in Chattanooga at a new Italian restaurant called Alleia (poor Bindu had to stay home with the kids - don't worry, she let us know just how tragic this was). I don't know quite what I was expecting, but it was definitely the hippest restaurant I've ever been to in Chattanooga. The steamed mussels and cannelini bruschetta made for excellent starters, but I think we were more satisfied by our entrees - the balsamic pork shoulder, butternut squash tortelli with sage butter, and whole roasted trout. Everything was cooked to perfection in a simple, Northern Italian style. The emphasis was really on the quality of the preparation and ingredients. I don't remember what we had for dessert, but I do remember thinking the food was exceptional and definitely comparable, if not surpassing some of our favoring New York Italian eateries. It's always hard to come back from vacation, particularly when you have a family that treats you like you've just come back from war every time you come home!

No comments:

Post a Comment