Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving





For as long as I can remember, Thanksgiving has been my favorite holiday. It's the one day of the year that's set aside for the sole purpose of being grateful for your loved ones and eating lots of carbs, what could be better than that??!! When I was younger, we would often go to the Enjeti's house to celebrate Thanksgiving, and it was here that we got our first taste of the traditional American Thanksgiving meal. Over the years, the recipes have changed somewhat, but that great, joyous feeling I get when sitting around a table with the people I love most in the world and eating a meal we cooked together never has and never will. This Thanksgiving was even more special because I hadn't been home for it in five years, and it was the first Thanksgiving I got to celebrate with my boys, Kiran and Kethan (although they refused to eat anything but marshmallows). Notable additions this year were the roasted beat salad and scalloped parmesan potatoes, accompanied by the usual sweet potato casserole covered in marshmallows, turkey, fresh cranberry sauce, and sister schubert roles to name a few.

Kiran wanted to sit next to the marshmallows.


I spent the week after Thanksgiving having a lovely girls week in Atlanta. My mom, Bindu, and I spent four days shopping, lunching, and just generally doing all the things we never have enough time to do together. It ended much to quickly, but it is a week I will never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment