Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Woodfire Grill

From Bindu:

So Kavi is going to kill me if I don't blog about this one and of course I forgot to take pictures, but last Saturday, Suraj and I, along with our favorite foodie neighbors Leslie and Andrew, got the chance to experience Woodfire Grill, more recently made famous by head chef Kevin Gillespie who received a third place nod on top chef.

The amuse bouche was a specially prepared slice of beet, which most definitely amused my bouche :). For starters Lesley had a delicious mushroom fricasse, I had the pumpkin risotto, Suraj had the laughing bird shrimp with meyer lemon sauce. Our entrees included two steaks, one pork and I got the sablefish which came with a lovely green puree and some roasted root vegetables which were delicate and perfectly diced just not enough of them. The fish was tender like cod and had a brown butter sauce that could have used more flavor. Suraj's steak came with amazing fingerling potatoes with diced garlic.

For dessert we opted for the carrot cake, the pumpkin flan, the chocolate/pistachio cake and the doughnuts, I won out with the pumpkin flan, it just tasted so pumpkiny and delish. The pluses of this restaraunt were definitely the sustainable local produce which we were informed was picked that morning, everything was just extraordinarily fresh and exquisitely prepared, although some of the items could have used a bit more flavor. The wine pairings that came recommended were really perfect and the service was topnotch. All in all makes my atlanta top five and I would definitely return.

No comments:

Post a Comment