Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Panini Night and Happy Christmas!

We were down in Atlanta this year for Christmas and had a great time celebrating with the boys. Holidays are just more fun with little kids around. There were lots of presents to be opened, many of which were food related. Bindu got Suraj a great panini maker from Williams Sonoma, something he's been eyeing for quite sometime. My parents got him a panini cookbook to go along with it, so on Saturday night Suraj, Praveen, Naveen, and Ankur were put in charge of our panini dinner. They made three delicious paninis for all of us - a three cheese and roasted veggie one, a turkey, watercress, and brie one, and a dessert panini with nutella, bananas, and hazelnuts. What I found most striking about this dinner is that it took the boys roughly three hours to make it and created a huge mess.
We were also treated to a lovely cheese tasting of stilton, parmesan, and Bindu's favorite - the aged gouda. I did my best to sound like I knew what I was talking about as I described the cheese (luckily, I recently flipped through Murray's cheese guide - another Christmas gift).
What did I get for Christmas? Something I've been wanting for the longest time! A grown up girl watch - something for those occasions when the Timex Indiglo I've been wearing since age 10 just isn't appropriate. Thanks Creamy!

1 comment:

  1. Shelley and Kathan have the same Pottery Barn Kids stocking! Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete