Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Carrot Halwa - August 7-9, 2009



A couple of months ago, after Praveen and Neha had decided the date for their engagment party, Ankur approached me with a question. Ever the loving the brother, he wanted to MAKE something in honor of his sister's big day. I racked my brain for something that could be made ahead and time and that would be easy to transport from NYC to Orlando. The answer...carrot halwa! I made the poor guy grate about two dozen carrots and, as you can see from the picture, the remainder of the ingredients were pretty easy to mix in. This; however, is only the tip of all the amazing eating we did this weekend. Friday night, my in laws hosted a lovely dinner for the happy couple and we got to surprise my mom for her 60th birthday as well. Many speeches were made and tears shed about my fantastic mom! On Saturday, we celebrated the official engagement at Pinni's house. Neha hated being the center of attention but she looked absolutely gorgeous. It was a deja vu experience reliving our own engagement. I couldn't pick just a few, so here are several pictures from our memorable weekend.

From the top, (1) the happy couple (2) Naveen speaking about Mom (3) Ankur and I cutting our anniversary cake with Kiran's help (4) Pinni and Babu Mama giving a speech about Mom. Below: (1) Bagaku Forever! (2) The Reddy Women (3) Me, Neha, and Harpreet (Abhi's girlfriend) who my family became oddly obsessed with (4) Sefali Mami with her Falafel feast (5) Me, Ankur, and Geeta after we gave up on the Indian clothes (6) The Vyas Family minus Praveen










No comments:

Post a Comment