Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Chola - Saturday, August 1, 2009 (Kavi)

I woke up post call last Saturday, or I should say I was rudely woken up by Ankur, for a trip to an Indian restaurant to meet up with some of Neha's best friends. I was glad my nap had been cut short; however, when I finally got to meet the elusive, top secret, formerly imaginary Ankita. Ankita is one of Neha's (my sister-in-law) oldest childhood friends. I've known Neha for ten years now and met almost everyone important in her life so it was a long standing joke between us that so many years had managed to pass without my getting to know Ankita. We were joined by Rita (another one of Neha's friends - the spunkiest of the bunch in my view!) and some of Rita's family. We were forced into the Saturday lunch buffet. Chola is one of those Indian restaurants that tries to be super fancy and expensive, but I have to say I was a little disappointed. The appetizers were tasty enough, but the massive food buffet was just ok. It consisted of all your usual Indian buffet staples - chicken tikka masala, various oily vegetables, naan, the works. Ankur says it's better for dinner when you order off the menu, but I'm not convinced. In any case, the trip was well worth it for the company and the fact that Ankita is no longer imaginary - Neha sure does have a great group of friends!

Rita, me, and Ankita walking around Central Park after lunch. She does exist!

1 comment:

  1. chola wasn't flavorful/spicy enough; i was, however, impressed with the variety and the appetizers. the website highlights all the celebrities/ex-convicts (martha stewart, aishwarya rai, etc.) that have been there. what do they know?! you should've stuck around for yucca bar, that was delicious. i went to pee and before I knew it, you and ank disappeared. ill be back in ny next year and by then, you should have a whole new host of indian restaurants to introduce me to.

    ReplyDelete