Sunday, August 2, 2009

Daniel - Saturday, August 1, 2009 (Kavi)


To celebrate our 4th anniversary, Ankur and I went to Daniel (restaurant of famed chef Daniel Boulud). It's the kind of upper east side restaurant where you can't help but feel a little out of place. The dining room was expansive and beautiful and the service extraordinary (I had barely folded my napkin and placed it on the table to get up to go to the bathroom when someone was behind me to pull out my chair). The service was matched only by the phenomenal food. It was truly a once in a lifetime dining experience. We started our meal with a trio of canape's all based around the use of peas. Ankur doesn't even like peas and he was practically licking his plate. As an appetizer, I had the subtle quartet of heirloom tomatoes and Ankur enjoyed rabbit porchetta. His was good, mine was better. For our entrees we shared the lamb and the black sea bass. I think what I enjoyed even more than the food (I've definitely had more flavorful food), was the precision and beauty with which everything was presented, the fantastic wine pairings, and of course the best company I could ask for. I don't think we will ever make it back to Daniel - there are so many places to try in New York, but it was a memorable and unique dining experience.

The evening started out with the beautiful flowers above (yes, I married a nice guy)
All my yummy tomatoes.
And here we are with our desserts (three!) plus more petit fours which we had to bring home because we were so stuffed!

No comments:

Post a Comment