Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Mad for Chicken - Tuesday, August 4, 2009 (Kavi)



After M&M conference, a couple of my residency friends and I were supposed to have our weekly study group. This quickly disintegrated when we decided the weather was too nice and the sun too bright to be caught up indoors with our books. So Fleurise, Caroline, Alex, and I made the trek to 32nd and Park for some Korean fried chicken at Mad for Chicken (formerly known as Bon Chon). Fleurise introduced me to my first taste of Korean fried chicken several months ago and I've been hooked ever since. Somehow, they manage to make the chicken incredibly crispy on the outside and juicy and tender on the inside. On top of that it's got a fantastic spiciness to it. It's just unlike any other fried chicken I've ever had (and even comes close to Gus' of Memphis in my book). The exterior is pretty nondescript and you would probably pass right by it if you didn't have an insider introduce you to it. Amazingly, it's actually a pretty hip bar and restaurant and is always packed! In addition to the yummo chicken, I always really enjoy their corn. It's roasted and then covered with some type of sauce and then rolled in parmesan cheese! How much better does it get than that? It was fun to play hooky on a nice, summer day!
Take a look at our chicken, pickled veggies, and corn.

No comments:

Post a Comment