Sunday, August 23, 2009

Mercado Central (Fish Market)

Wow, this place was awesome. It had fish and things that lived in the sea which I had never even heard of before, let alone seen. There were literally tentacles sticking out of shells probing the air like cockroach antennae. But, everything looked incredibly fresh and therefore tasty (with the exception of aforementioned tentacle/barnacle hybrids). After a quick tour of the market (I grew tired of everyone asking me to buy stuff), I sat down at a restaurant that was actually inside the market. I ordered a conger eel soup and paella especial. The conger eel soup was so-so, I only got it because it is very famous in Chile. The paella though was amazing with some of the freshest seafood I have ever eaten. Some of this stuff was alive just hours ago. All in all, a great trip, I will definitely go back at some point and try some of the other, more adventurous options they had.



2 comments:

  1. Yay! Thanks for posting on the family blog! I love hearing about all your adventures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had Paella, but that dish looks goooood :) I'll pass on the eel stuff though...

    ReplyDelete