Thursday, August 27, 2009

Sushi of Gari

There is only one word I can use to describe the delectable, mouthwatering sushi served at Gari's restaurants: heaven. Sushi purists may be turned off by the nontraditional style of his offerings but one taste and they will be convinced. Each piece, which can be ordered "Gari style", comes paired with it's own elegant and creative topping. Fatty tuna with hummus, salmon with roasted tomatoes, snapper with garlic and onion, the list is endless and ever changing. Having grown up in the land locked state of Tennesse, I was never very adventurous with sushi before moving to New York, and now I have been spoiled for life. I have celebrated every birthday at Gari since moving to New York and find simply any excuse I can to enjoy a meal there. I am very ritualistic about my experience though, each piece must be fully appreciated, and yes, I have been brought to near tears by some of their sushi. When anyone asks me my favorite New York spot, I always unhesitatingly reply Gari. While the decor is nothing to be impressed by, it's all about the food here. The price tag is not for the faint of heart, but I can guarantee a life changing experience. Here I am celebrating my latest birthday (28!).

No comments:

Post a Comment